1. What are computer viruses? Worms? Describe the main effects of one virus or worm. Was the perpetrator (or perpetrators) of the virus or worm caught after its release into the wider community?
2. Distinguish between a Trojan horse, a computer virus, and a worm.
3. What is the difference between spyware and adware?
4. Which sections of 18 U.S.C. § 1030 could be used against someone who launched a DoS or DDoS attack? If you believe a section cannot be used to charge someone who engages in these attacks, why do you think this is the case?
5. What is a TCP handshake? How does a SYN flood attack occur?
6. List the types of fraud that people engage in.
7. Name and describe two types of investment fraud.
8. What is intellectual property? Why should it be protected?
9. What are trade secrets? Why should the theft of trade secrets be criminalized?
10. What is the main difference between cyberharassment and cyberstalking?