32. The study of tissue disease using macroscopic or microscopic analysis is called
A. immunology. B. histopathology. C. cytopathology. D. microbiology.
33. A physician obtains cells from the bone marrow cavity using a needle and a syringe. How would this procedure be coded?
A. 36575 B. 37328 C. 38220 D. 35092
34. What is Medicare Part D?
A. The component of Medicare Part A that covers outpatient surgeries B. Add-on coverage for prescription drugs provided through insurance companies approved by Medicare C. Supplemental coverage for war veterans and their dependents D. Add-on coverage for dental procedures
35. A female patient is seen for her annual gynecological examination. During the examination, the physician performs a test to detect cervical cancer. This test is called a/an
A. immunoassay test. B. Pap smear. C. carcinoembryonic antigen test. D. mycobacterial culture.
36. A physician is called to the intensive care unit for a patient with second-degree burns sustained on 55% of his body while cooking in the kitchen where he works. The physician sees the patient in the critical care unit for two hours, leaves the unit, and returns later the same day to provide an additional hour of critical care. What ICD-10-CM and CPT codes would be assigned?
A. L91.8, 99291 × 2, 99292 × 4 B. R53.81, 99291, 99293 × 5 C. Z30.09, 99293, 99294 × 2 D. T31.50, 99291, 99292 × 4
37. A change in the tissues and cells within a specific area on or in the body is called a
A. lesion. B. cyst. C. neoplasm. D. tumor.
38. Information about a patient can becan be released for research under the terms of HIPAA, only if
A. the patient signs an authorization immediately upon admission. B. the research is critical for technological development. C. the patient has authorized the release and only a limited amount of information is released. D. researchers obtain authorization from the admitting physician.
39. A patient is diagnosed with breast cancer and undergoes a partial mastectomy. What CPT code would be assigned?
A. 19305 B. 19307 C. 19304 D. 19301
40. To conform to the HIPAA Privacy Rule, which of the following safeguards must be maintained in health care facilities?
A. Immunization and injection safeguards B. Reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards C. ICD-7 provisional safeguards D. Hazardous waste protection safeguards