· Be creative, but realistic.
· Incorporate graphics, color, themes, or photographs to increase interest.
· Make easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
· Review directions thoroughly.
· Cite all sources within the slides with (author, year) as well as on the Reference slide.
· Proofread prior to final submission.
· Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
· Abide by the Chamberlain academic integrity policy.
· Tutorial: For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft website may be helpful. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/training-FX101782702.aspx The Chamberlain Student Success Strategies (CCSSS) offers a module on Computer Literacy that contains a section on PowerPoint. The link to SSP CCSSS may be found under the Special Courses list in Canvas.
|Scenario Slide||40||23%||Scenario is clear and concise, including a disease process or diagnosis, or identify a patient with a desire to maintain good health and prevent illness. Include the nurse’s assessment of learning needs and readiness to learn.|
|mHealth Application Slide||50||28%||Identify a mHealth app that could benefit the patient. Describe the app including its:
· Intended audience
· Mobile device(s) upon which it will operate
· Where to download or obtain it. Include a working link if it is to be downloaded from a website.
· And any other information you believe would be pertinent to this situation.
|Teaching Slides||40||23%||Information on slides to be taught to patient about the mHealth app including any safety guidelines, and how to interpret and act on the information that is provided.|
|Evaluation Slide||20||12%||Describe how you would determine the success of the patient’s use of the mHealth app.|
|Writing and Design||25||14%||Writing contains no spelling or grammatical errors. Bullets should be used instead of long sentences or paragraphs. Reading level is appropriate for patient described. Slides are visually appealing incorporating graphics, photographs, colors and themes. Sources that are used are cited.|
|Total||175 points||100%||A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.|