Answer 5 of the 6 following questions. Please number your answers to correspond to the number of the applicable question.
- Define the following terms: real/physical evidence, testimony, documentary evidence, demonstrative evidence, direct evidence, and circumstantial evidence.
- Explain how the Anglican System influenced the rules of evidence in the United States. What is the main difference between the rules of evidence in the Anglican and American systems?
- Discuss the adoption of the Federal Rules of Evidence for Federal courts and explain to what extent the Federal Rules of Evidence are being adopted in state courts. In answering the question, please explain the role of Congress and the Supreme Court in the adoption of the rules.
- What is the difference between an objection based on the form of the question and an objection based upon the substance of the question?
- What effect do the decisions of the United States Supreme Court have upon state rules of evidence? Explain your answer.
- Is direct evidence, such as eyewitness identification, more reliable than circumstantial evidence? Explain your answer.
- Must use text book as reference.
- Paragraph for each question.