Coping with Stress
Choose a stressful event that has happened to you during a time in your life. After describing this event, answer the following questions:
- What caused you to interpret the event as stressful?
- What type of coping strategy did you use to reduce your stress in this situation?
- Why was this coping strategy useful (or not useful) in reducing your stress?
- What did the stress feel like?
- How did they get through it?
Assignment Expectations for Grading:
1. Demonstration of critical thinking, scholarship, and ability to connect and apply the material
2. Comprehensiveness and completeness of your responses
3. Adherence to the written instructions
4. Spelling and grammar