As you have seen so far in this course, there are a wide variety of books and other reading materials used in many different contexts. Reading can also impact each of us very differently.
Prepare and Reflect:
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum,
- Review the Evaluating Sources (Links to an external site.) webpage.
- Reflect on the types of reading you believe will be part of your degree program.
- For instance, what formats (e.g., textbooks, articles, etc.) do you think you might encounter? Write this down to refer to later.
- Visit the Research Guides section of the library, and explore the guide most closely related to your degree program.
In at least 200 words,
- Describe your degree program and what you will be studying. Be sure to include the name of the program.
- Explain what types of materials you anticipate working with in your major course of study.
- Compare the materials you thought you might read to the types of materials you found in the Research Guide. Of the material you found, which types do you typically enjoy reading and which are typically more challenging for you?
- Describe whether you were surprised by the types of materials found in your program and why or why not.
- Explain the strategies that will help you navigate through these different types of materials.