Based on the hospital issues discussed to date (HIM work, OR issues, and event reporting), create a training program or plan with relevant topics for relevant staff.
- Look back into your own analysis from Weeks 4, 6, and 8 and identify performance improvement issues related to staff (not systems). (10 points)
- Categorize the types of issues noted in terms of the type of training that might be needed among staff (for all, many or just a few). In order to categorize the issues, use the QI Toolbox tool: Affinity Diagram (10 points)
- Based on the issues identified during the prior weeks, list at least 3 topics that the staff should be trained on. Training topics should not be specific to clinical care or how to do data entry. They should address areas that multiple types of employees will need. (examples: communication, coordination/workflow, data analysis and categorization, standards, identification and monitoring of indicators, etc.) (10 points)
- Provide a 1 paragraph description of what each training topic should address, its objectives, and how it will be delivered (30 points)
- Research the training topics and provide at least 2 resources per topic. You do not need to prepare the actual training; only provide resources you would use. Resources may overlap, as long as they are relevant to the topic and reliable. (10 points)