110. Which of the following anesthesia modifiers indicates a normal, healthy patient?
111. A coder searching for codes pertaining to tissue expanders would find them in what section of CPT?
112. A patient comes to the emergency room complaining of abdominal pain, nausea, and intractable vomiting. Unable to pinpoint the source of the patient’s complaints, the physician decides to admit the patient to the hospital. After conducting a complete history and examination, the patient’s final diagnosis is determined to be chronic duodenal ulcer. The patient remains hospitalized for three days. The physician sees the patient on the day of discharge. What ICD-10 and CPT codes are assigned?
A. 99223, I48.91
B. 99238, K26.7
C. 99234, N17.9
D. 99291, D63.1
113. What is the code for excision of Meckel’s diverticulum?
114. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was created for the purpose of
A. modifying legal and ethical issues surrounding medical records retention.
B. stabilizing administrative costs and productivity.
C. decreasing employee turnover and reducing the volume of new hire paperwork.
D. streamlining claims processing and reducing paperwork through electronic transmission.
115. The voluntary program that’s financed through a combination of payments from general federal revenues and premiums paid by beneficiaries who elect to participate is called
B. Medicare Part B.
116. The I-10 helps coders classify patient
A. management information.
B. morbidity and mortality.
C. evaluation files.
D. reimbursement data.
117. A patient recently became eligible for health insurance through her employer. Her health insurance is considered to be an 80-20 policy. Under the terms of an 80-20 policy, the insurer pays 80 percent and the insured pays 20 percent of expenses. This 80-20 policy is an example of
C. prospective payment.
D. case management.
118. Performing a daily check for viruses and malware is one of the
A. requirements of the Help Desk.
B. routine aspects of software maintenance.
C. sensible guidelines for Internet use in health care facilities.
D. functions of HIM encoders.
119. Bones inside the nose are called
A. septal mucosa.
120. A group of doctors who belong to the same network and provide discounted services to enrollees is called a/an
A. Managed Care Organization (MCO).
B. Individual Practice Association (IPA).
C. Health Maintenance Organization (HMO).
D. Preferred Provider Organization (PPO).
121. A female patient is seen for her annual gynecological examination. During the examination, the physician performs a test to detect cervical cancer. This test is called a/an
A. Pap smear.
B. carcinoembryonic antigen test.
C. mycobacterial culture.
D. immunoassay test.
122. Businesses that provide support services, like administration, to individual physicians are called
A. integrated provider organizations.
B. medical foundations.
C. management services organizations.
D. physician-hospital organizations
123. What is the full code description for 33536?
A. Repair of double outlet right ventricle with intraventricular tunnel repair
B. Repair of postinfarction ventricular septal defect, with or without myocardial resection
C. Closure of atrioventricular valve (mitral or tricuspid) by suture or patch
D. Coronary artery bypass, using arterial graft(s); 4 or more coronary arterial grafts
124. The CPT code for thrombolysis is