In Week 7, students will presentment an audio/video PowerPoint presentation using the Disease Process Presentation Guidelines and Rubric located under Course Resources. To ensure timely development of the Week 7 assignment and an opportunity to receive feedback from the course faculty, students will develop the Week 7 presentation in 2 parts. Parts 1 and 2 will be submitted as a PowerPoint presentation that contains thorough speaker notes. After students have received faculty feedback on Parts 1 and 2, students will develop the final presentation that is audio and video recorded and uploaded to the Week 7 Discussion Board. Criteria for Content
1. Introduce the disease with a brief definition and description.
2. Discuss the Risk Factors and the connection to the Etiology of the initial injury to the cell/tissue/organ.
3. Show the progression from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning.
4. Discuss health care provider implications for prevention of the disease.
5. Provide a summary slide that highlights main points presented. 6. Reference slide and in-text citations depict references correctly cited according to APA.
PREPARING THE ASSIGNMENT
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
PRESENTATION GUIDELINES: • The presentation should include a PowerPoint presentation that contains detailed speaker notes. • The presentation contain main heading slides that address the assignment criteria listed above. • The presentation should contain appropriate evidence to support the information presented per APA format. • Slides should be used as cues to topics and key concepts without lengthy sentences and paragraphs • The presentation should contain a reference slide with all sources written in APA format