E-Portfolio PowerPoint Presentation (PPT) Assignment
Guidelines with Scoring Rubric
This assignment is designed to help students
· Develop an appreciation for informatics, basic skills and knowledge required in practice settings. Students will discuss the e-portfolio and it uses, provide examples of items in an e-portfolio along with challenges and future uses.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the following ability.
4: Exemplify professional values and scholarship to support professional and personal development. (PO 3, 4)
5: Explore the roles, competencies and skills, including cultural humility, associated with nursing informatics while collaborating as part of the healthcare team. (PO 3, 5)
7: Explore trends and issues in NI and their impact on nursing practice in all domains, including cultural humility and person-centered care. (PO 2, 5)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3.
Total Points Possible: 200
The student will read the assigned readings pertaining to the e-portfolio, as well as research the topic. The student will define an e-portfolio for the graduate student and for an advanced practice nurse. The PowerPoint slide presentation will include discussion of the importance and purpose of developing and using an e-portfolio as a graduate student, then identify and discuss items that should be in included in an e-portfolio per the grading rubric. The student will provide six (6) examples of items that would be included in their e-portfolio. The presentation will conclude with a summary and recommendations on how the student will use the e-portfolio as an advanced practice nurse (APN) in the future.
Preparing the Presentation
1. Must be a professional, scholarly prepared PowerPoint presentation of 8-10 slides including at least five scholarly references.
2. You should have at least 8-10 slides, not including the title slide and reference slides.
3. Speaker notes are present for each slide. It is important to note that if you could not give your presentation and someone would have to stand in for you, he or she would need to know what you were going to say. Use the speaker-notes section so that someone may step in for you and not miss a beat.
4. Maintain the 6x6x6 rule for a professional PowerPoint presentation. No more than 6 lines per slide, 6 words per line, and 6 slides without a graphic.
5. All aspects of the presentation must be in APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
6. Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
7. References many include one dictionary source, one textbook source, and four scholarly peer-reviewed journals published in the last 5 years. Total of six sources. No Wikipedia or CINAHL Nursing guide articles.
8. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing.
|Title slide has name, topic title, course, and date present||10||5||Title slide looks professional with the student’s name, title of presentation, course and date present|
|Define e-portfoliofor graduate student in higher education and for an advanced practice nurse for professional development||30||15||Provides a definition for an e-portfolio for a graduate student in higher education and for an advanced practice nurse for professional development.|
|Importance of developing and using an e-portfolio as a graduate student in higher education and as an advanced practice nurse for professional development||30||15||Discusses the importance and purpose of developing and using an e-portfolio as a graduate student in higher education and as an advanced practice nurse for professional development.|
|Identify and discuss items to be included in an e-portfolio as a graduate student in higher education and as an advanced practice nurse for professional development||30||15||Identifies and discusses items to be included in each type of e-portfolio|
|Examples of what you would include in your e-portfolio for higher education purposes as a graduate student.||30||15||Identifies at least six (6) examples of items that the student would include in their e-portfolio for higher education purposes as a graduate student.|
|Discuss challenges and issues associated with e-portfolios||20||10||Discusses at least two(2) challenges or issues associated with developing or using an e-portfolio|
|Conclusion slide with recommendations for the future present||20||10||Concludes presentation with recommendations on how they will use the e-portfolio as a graduate student and as an APN in the future|
|Includes 6 references per the assignment guideline and slide count of 8-10 slides excluding title and reference slides.||10||5||Presentation may include one dictionary, one textbook, and four scholarly sources published in the last five (5) years as references. No Wikipedia or CINAHL nursing guide articles. Slide count = 8-10 excluding title and reference slides.|
|The slide presentation includes speaker notes.||10||5||The slide presentation includes speaker notes.|
|Grammar, spelling, punctuation, references, citations, and APA formatting||10||5||Grammar, spelling, punctuation, references, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing and APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.|
|Total||200||100||A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.|
Chamberlain College of Nursing NR512 Fundamentals of Nursing Informatics