- Each essay must have the question you are answering typed at the top of the paper.
- Each essay must be a minimum of 250 words. The question does not count toward the final word count.
- The essay must be relevant to the chapter you read. (This might sound obvious but you would be surprised the answers I get!!)
- The following requirements to receive a top passing score are:
- Fulfill the first three requirements for a passing paper.
- Begin your essay with a thesis sentence – take a position in the answer that you have provided. Mere summary is not enough.
- The essay must in some way RESPOND DIRECTLY to some aspect of lesson/lecture, drawing connections beyond the textbook content.
- The essay must have citations. These citations tell me on which page you gained your insight to your answer/thesis to your essay. (This used to be a requirement for a passing paper but for most students this is too much to ask.)
HOW did Jeffersonians deal with the difficult problems of party politics and slavery