Clean your plate! Remember there are children starving in other places so do not waste food. Always eat in moderation! Stop eating when you feel full! Your eyes are always bigger than your stomach!
These are just some examples of the different lessons (advice) shared with children about food and eating. In this post, you are asked to reflect on the guidance you received about eating during your childhood.
Include the following in your reflection:
- What dietary advice were you given as a child?
- Now that you are an adult, what do you think of this advice?
- Did it help or hurt you?
- Consider the process of providing dietary advice.
- What advice will/did you give your children?
- What advice would you recommend the parents of young children to share? Include one external reference
- Choose one of the statements made about eating in the introduction to this discussion.
- What does the statement suggest about eating?
- Does the statement provide good advice or not?
- What would you say to a parent you overheard offering this advice to their children? Include one external reference
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.