Nursing critique paper
For this project, you will select and critique a nursing theory of your choice. You will:
- Write an original paper.
- Submit it to the dropbox for a grade based on the rubric.
The following are some conceptual models and theories you may choose from; however, you may choose any nurse theorist:
- Florence Nightengale’s Environmental Model
- Catherine Kolcaba’s Comfort Theory
- Dorothy Johnson’s Behavioral System Model
- Hildegard Peplau’s Interpersonal Process Theory
- Dorothea Orem’s Self-Care Deficit Theory
- Ida Jean Orlando’s Nursing Process
- Sister Calista Roy’s Adaptation Model
- Madeleine Leininger’s Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality
- Jean Watson’s Nursing as Caring Theory
- Margaret Newman’s Health Expanding Consciousness
- Martha Roger’s Science of Unitary of Human Being
- Abdellah’s Patient-Centered Approaches Theory
Steps to follow to do your critique:
- You can visit the Fitne website to watch videos about the above mentioned theorist.
- You can use the Internet to find a journal or articles that provides an analysis and critique of a theory of nursing as a resource to start working with your own critique.
- You need to login entering the following information:
- Username: medical center campus
- Password: medical
- Under the Nurse Theorists: Portraits of Excellence (Volume I) link select the theorist of your choice
- On the left navigation area select a topic to view
- You must use the criteria for analysis and critique of theories in Chapter 1 of the George text book.
- You will select the link “Library Resources” found under the “NUR3846 – Library” tab (located on left-side of screen) to do your research and complete your literature review of the model/theory you selected.
- You may physically visit the library in person as well, and ask for help from the library staff.
Your critique must have the following headings and follow APA Guidelines.
|Origins of the Theory