FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY AS IT STATES. AND USE THE FIRMAT BELOW AS SHOWN IN THE INSTRUCTIONS. AND ALWAYS WORK ACCORDING TO THE GRADING RUBRIC.
READ THE SCENARIO
You are a healthcare consultant with a background in organizational development and change
management. You have been hired by a healthcare organization, to help them develop a
strategy to address a current crisis or challenge that is negatively impacting standards of care,
outcomes, and the patient experience. After doing your research, you will write a short, memo style
report, to be presented to the Board of Directors at their upcoming meeting.
You may pick your own topic for this assignment, but it must fit within this overall definition: a
crisis or challenge that is negatively impacting standards of care, outcomes, and the patient
experience in a healthcare workplace.
There are two ways that you may identify your topic:
• If applicable, you may pick a crisis or challenge within your own current or past
O Sample crises and challenges: COVID-19, weather emergency, staffing shortage, layoffs,
financial crisis, merger, or acquisition, etc.
• If you do not have a healthcare workplace example, search for an article about a
relevant crisis or challenge. Be sure to include a link to the article in your references.
O Suggested sources: The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Business Week, The Economist,
Modern Healthcare, The Journal of the American Medical Association, and any other
professional journal or publication.
O You may also find useful material on the following websites: American Hospital
Association (www.aha.org), American College of Healthcare Executives (www.ache.org), and The
American Public Health Association (www.apha.org).
Based on your chosen topic, write a concise, memo-style report to the Board of 2 to 3 pages.
Your report must include the following four sections:
O Executive Summary
· Briefly describe the healthcare organization concerned, including its
location, size, major products or services, the community it serves, etc.
· Provide a clear and concise description of the crisis or challenge faced by
II. Assessment of the Issue
Indicate current and expected future effects of the crisis or challenge on these areas:
· Standards of care and outcomes
· The patient experience
· Facility staff (to include medical staff)
· Other internal and external stakeholders
· Financial health of the organization
Note: In preparing for this section, you may wish to conduct a SWOT analysis
Describe an actionable strategy to address the crisis or challenge, including:
· Major actionable steps of the strategy
· Timeline to implement these steps
· Resources, including staff time, materials, facilities, financial
IV. Outcomes and Measures
Describe the expected results and outcomes of the strategy, and indicate how
success will be measured. This section should answer these questions:
· How will your recommended actions impact the patient experience?
· What data will be needed to measure these results and impacts?
· What is the next step if the plan does not achieve its desired effect?
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman or Ariel font (size 11 or 12), with one-inch margins
on all sides.
• The body of your report must not exceed 3 pages in length.
• In place of a Cover page, provide the following Headings on Page 1 of your report:
· TO: Insert Professor’s Name
· FROM: Insert Your Name
· DATE: Insert Assignment’s Due Date
· RE: Report to the Board
Citations and references must follow the formatting instructions found in the JWMI
Writing Standards Guide. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Note: The Headings and References pages are not included in the required assignment page length.