For this assessment you will conduct two kitchen science experiments that each focus on energy processes in living organisms. You will complete the experiments separately but then discuss how the two processes are related.
- Part 1: Photosynthesis. Use the Photosynthesis lab procedure to conduct your experiment. Your results (table, graph, photographs) should be compiled as “Part 1 data.” Note this experiment will take you around 2 hours to complete.
- Part 2: Cellular respiration. Use the Cell Respiration lab procedure to conduct your experiment. Your results (table, graph, photographs) should be compiled as “Part 2 data.” Note this experiment will take you around 1 hour to complete.
- Part 3: Comparison. After you have compiled both sets of data, answer all the questions in the Part 3 comparison.
Submit all three parts as a single document. Be sure to add clear headings separating the three parts. Here is an example of what you might see or how you may photograph your experiments.
Basic Requirements (the assignment will not be accepted or assessed unless the follow criteria have been met):
- Assignment has been proofread and does not contain any major spelling or grammatical errors
- Assignment includes appropriate references
- Assignment includes table, bar graph, and photographs associated with both Part 1 and 2 experiments.