For this week’s discussion, talk about why a database needs to be secured. In your initial post, answer at least two of the items in the bulleted list below:
- Identify three actions that can be applied to a database environment to manage user access.
- Is there such a thing as “overkill” with security? If so, how? (Provide an example)
- Explain who should be in charge of making the security decisions for an organization’s database? Why?
- Define and explain the difference between the authentication modes of at least two of the three database vendors mentioned in the chapter (SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle).
- Identify at least five best practices when adding and removing users.
- Explain the principle of least privilege and how it should be applied within a database environment.