Based on the films you have watched and the ways you have learned to interpret meaning in them, discuss your ideas about how films engage social concerns and have lasting effects on society. Pick a film (or films) as evidence of this dynamic and describe the social and cultural resonance you see.
You must use at least two outside sources, in any combination of embedded video clips, still photos, or scholarly sources. All sources should be documented in APA style as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Please view the video Posting in a Discussion in Canvas (Links to an external site.) for guidance on how to integrate multimedia with your response.
***** 2 different assignment
Reflect on the analysis process and how you have learned to more thoroughly analyze film as well as how rigorous study of film enhances your development as a student and thinker. In this 300- to 500-word reflection, review your initial post from the “Post Your Introduction” discussion in Week 1, and consider how your ability to analyze movies has changed or grown. In this course, you have learned a variety of skills such as analysis, critique, the elements of storytelling, and have a greater understanding of many of the various roles that contribute to making a film. Discuss how the skills you have learned apply to areas of your life beyond film and how they could impact your future career. Your reflection should be personal and exploratory in nature.
Address the following questions in your reflection:
- What can be gained through analyzing film?
- How has this changed the way you view movies?
- How are you able to use film theory and criticism to find and interpret meaning in movies?
- In what ways has this course changed your understanding of how movies are related to society?
- What are the top two skills you have developed during this course, and how might those skills be added to your resume or LinkedIn profile to benefit your future career or current profession?