I have attached the case study that I would like to use
The nature of a disaster determines the response and future preparedness. The geographic scope, number of populations affected, and uniqueness of the threat may present unique difficulties in disaster preparedness and emergency management. Preparing for and addressing emergencies effectively is a joint responsibility of all the stakeholders. On the basis of their capabilities, responsibilities, and priorities, each stakeholder plays a role in responding to the emergency, which contributes to the overall response.
you will analyze your selected case study to understand the magnitude of the emergency, the involvement of stakeholders, challenges with the emergency planning, effectiveness of the plan, and areas for improvement. On the basis of your analysis, you will write an assessment summarizing the agency or agencies’ involvement in the disaster response efforts and make recommendations for future improvement to the federal agency. By being able to explain how federal agencies address stakeholder needs during an emergency, including how competing priorities between federal and state agencies impact local-level stakeholders and how stakeholders influence disaster recovery and preparedness plans, you will be even more prepared to successfully complete Project Two.
submit a document containing both an assessment report and a recommendation letter to the head of the federal agency involved in the disaster recovery.
You must cite at least three additional outside sources to support your assessment and recommendations..
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Background of Disaster or Emergency: Briefly describe the background of the selected disaster or emergency case study from the healthcare perspective.
- Role of Federal Response Agencies: Analyze the role of the federal response agency in emergency or disaster management from the selected case study. Consider the following questions in your response:
- How does the federal agency’s involvement impact the overall emergency response management in the chosen case study?
- How did coordination between the federal agency and other stakeholders positively and/or negatively impact the emergency response management?
- Stakeholders’ Influence: Analyze the influence of stakeholders on the emergency preparedness policies. Consider the following questions in your response:
- Who among the stakeholders led and/or influenced the emergency response management in the selected case study?
- Who (federal, state, or local agencies), according to you, has a more significant impact on the emergency preparedness policies, and why?
- Impact of Stakeholders’ Priorities: Describe the impact of stakeholders’ priorities on the effectiveness of emergency response management. Consider the following questions in your response:
- How do the priorities of federal and state agencies impact emergency response management?
- Which factors do federal and state agencies consider when setting up the priorities for emergency response management?
- Summary of Analysis: Summarize your analysis of the case study, including what was effective and what was ineffective in emergency response management. Consider the following questions in your response:
- Which three response efforts do you consider effective, and why?
- Which three response efforts do you consider ineffective, and why?
- Which of the stakeholders contributed more effectively than others, and why?
- Recommendations: Recommend a minimum of two strategic improvement suggestions to the federal agencies about emergency response management. Consider the following question in your response:
- How will your suggestions help underserved/vulnerable populations?
Guidelines for Submission
Your submission should be a 4- to 6-page Word. You must also include an APA-style title page. Use 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and 1-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style.