1. I used central Missouri as an example, replace with a description of your site.
2. While you might be interested in CLASBI rates as a primary variable, there are other patient outcomes that would also be important to consider
3. Ensure you can find validity and reliability measures on CLASBI rates if you cannot, we need to determine another question to help
4. How are your two comparison groups different, as they are currently stated the groups seem very much the same, could you state, standard care instead of pre and post intervention assessments?
5. One month is the longest time you can use for a prospective project
Please note the following regarding the instructors grading
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MY GRADING STYLE
As you prepare for written papers and manuscripts I’d like to give you some details about my grading style. I provide significant feedback on your papers, this is because I believe you should be working towards improving your writing so that at the end of this program you are able to successfully write your DPI project. In order to write well, you need feedback and you need to review that feedback and make progress on the next written work. To that end I always grade accordingly. This means that if I provide feedback one an item (for example APA format of your reference page) I expect that this will be improved on the next written submission. Otherwise I will deduct additional points. In addition, some other criteria to get down pat now. References should always
1. Be current, no older than 5 years that means 5 years from your proposed graduation date (2014-2019). Otherwise you will have to redo everything in DNP 955.
2. Be primary sources. You can no longer cite Young declared literary war in 1956 (as cited by Brown 2006). You must cite Young 1956. That means go find that paper and read it and make sure that you agree with what Brown said. What if you don’t agree due to some very valid points? Then the literary war is not what occurred, but instead you have concerns regarding point ____, ____, and ____.
3. You may no longer cite textbooks, they are 1) secondary sources and 2) not current enough, and please use peer reviewed manuscripts.
One more item that is not a reference. You may not use direct quotes any longer. There is no need. This may be difficult at first, but you are moving towards a different type of writing. This is manuscript writing (scientific writing). Scientific writing is terse, clear, and concise. No frilly words. In order to avoid the use of direct quotes you will synthesize the literature. There is a great resource for synthesizing the literature under Resources – Add-ons. These are also some other great writing resources there.
In the prospectus, proposal, and scholarly project there are 10 strategic points that need to be clear, simple, correct, and aligned to ensure the research is doable, valuable, and credible. The 10 strategic points emerge from researching literature on a topic that is based on or aligned with the learner’s personal passion, future career purpose, and degree area. These 10 points provide a guiding vision for DPI Project. In this assignment, you will continue the work begun in DNP-815, working on your draft of a document addressing the 10 key strategic points that define your intended research focus and approach.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
Use the “The 10 Strategic Points for the Prospectus, Proposal, and Direct Practice Improvement Project” resource to draft statements for each of the 10 points for your intended research study.
You worked on this last in DNP 815. Pick up from where you left off (if you transferred in and did not complete this, you will have to begin fresh). Please include a copy of your last instructor feedback when you submit this assignment. You can either copy and paste the instructor feedback into your current paper (as an appendix and clearly marked); or upload two separate papers. I expect significant improvement from your last submission.
Please review the 10 Strategic Points document for additional instructions and an example. Add references to this document, I suggest 5-10 at this point. You need to realize that your literature review chapter will need at least 50+ articles by the time you get to DNP 955, so work on expanding your literature search each week, to include more and more to this paper as you move through each course. If you cannot locate 50+ articles you can ask your faculty for assistance or chose a different topic.
For the methodology and design sections. Methodology should cover the broad methods you plan to use (qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods). The design portion will then go into more detail and discuss the design (i.e. correlational, cross-sectional, pre/posttest, etc.). Describe each and explain why your chosen methodology and design are appropriate to your topic and project questions. You may NOT use qualitative, GCU leadership does not support a qualitative methodology.
Intervention. You must have an intervention that you implement. Since you cannot evaluate a project that has already been implemented, please write up a description of your intervention and what your role will be in implementing this intervention. This is not a section listed on your 10 Strategic Points document as of yet, so add it after the methodology and design sections. Describe step by step what the intervention consists of, how it is evidence based, how you will implement, and your role in implementation.
Data collection should go step by step (extremely over-detailed) on how you will collect the data. Tell me about all instruments, surveys, and/or questions you will ask of participants. One MUST be a valid and reliable tool.
Data Analysis. Tell me the specific statistics you will use. Start with descriptive statistics, which ones will you use, why (cite current primary sources). Then tell me how you will compare your data (which statistic), what your p value will be before you start your data collection.