In a Microsoft Word document of 5-6 pages formatted in APA style, develop the introduction for your project. Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper. Be sure to focus on one (1) disease but three (3) audiences (patient, family and staff development). The introduction should:
- Contain the title of the lesson.
- Identify and describe the learners.
- Describe the educational setting:
- Staff development
- Patient education
- Family education
- Include learner assessments:
- Educational level
- Developmental level
- Readiness to learn, and so forth.
- Provide a purpose and rationale for selecting the topic/disease.
- Describe the philosophical or theoretical basis for teaching approaches used in the lesson.
- Support criteria with relevant examples and journal articles.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the South University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.