Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read The Most Important Leadership Competencies, According to Leaders Around the World (Links to an external site.), watch The “Last Lecture” by Randy Pausch (Links to an external site.) video.
In The Last Lecture video, Randy Pausch informs his audience about his health situation and then goes into sharing his childhood dreams that he was able to achieve. Through his lecture, he is able to demonstrate the leadership competencies commonly identified among leaders from around the world.
In a PowerPoint presentation,
- Analyze seven key leadership competencies observed in The Last Lecture
- Identify how these competencies relate to various leadership styles.
- Determine how these leadership competencies apply to organizational success.
The Last Lecture PowerPoint presentation
- Must be 10 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of project
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your presentation.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.),.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course texts.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA style See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) .