In this activity, evaluate the policy that you analyzed for your final project using the U.S. Government Accountability Office’s (GAO) best practices and leading practices in collaboration. Provide a high-level overview of how you think the policy that you analyzed is performing or did perform on these measures and recommendations for how efforts could be improved.
Best Practices and Leading Practices in Collaboration
- Define and articulate a common outcome.
- Establish mutually reinforcing or joint strategies.
- Identify and address needs by leveraging resources.
- Agree on roles and responsibilities.
- Establish compatible policies, procedures, and other means to operate across agency boundaries.
- Develop mechanisms to monitor, evaluate, and report on results.
- Reinforce agency accountability for collaborative efforts through agency plans and reports.
- Reinforce individual accountability for collaborative efforts through performance management systems.
For your initial post, do the following:
Write a post of 1 to 2 paragraphs.
Consider content from other parts of the course where appropriate. Use proper citation methods for your discipline when referencing scholarly or popular sources.