In your write-up, please write a minimum of two pages (12 point, double spaced, Times New Roman is acceptable) answering the following questions:
- Introducing Plenitude in the US:
- Comparing L’Oreal’s strategy for Plenitude in the US vs. France, what are the main similarities and differences?
- What are the differences between the skincare markets in the US and France? Did L’Oreal sufficiently adjust their strategy to address these differences?
- The State of Plenitude in 1995: Base on information on Page 6, Exhibit 7, and the tables on Page 7, briefly summarize Plenitude’s situation (both financial situation and their position in the skincare market) 1995.
- The Problem: Based on the information in Exhibit 11, what is one of the key problems for the Plenitude line?
- Explanations: Examine the perceptual maps show in Exhibits 9 and 10.
- What reasons do these maps suggest for Plenitude’s current problems?
- What should L’Oreal try to change about this map (if anything)?
- Additional Explanations: Examine the results of the focus groups study. Do they suggest other reasons not evident from the survey?
- Possible Solutions: How can L’Oreal change its strategy to address the problems identified by the perceptual maps and focus groups?
You will be graded on the depth of your analysis. Use relevant points from the case to justify your responses. If you recognize multiple points be sure to include them all. Use this case write-up to show that you are able to draw out relevant information from the case, and use them to argue your point. As outlined in the syllabus a portion of your case grade will also be based on your involvement in the class discussion.