What is Panera Bread’s strategy? Which of the five generic competitive strategies
1. Low-cost provider strategy
2. A broad differentiation strategy
3. Focused low-cost strategy
4. focused differentiation strategy
5. best-cost provider strategy
most closely fit the competitive approach that Panera Bread is taking? What type of competitive advantage is Panera Bread trying to achieve?
- What does a SWOT analysis of Panera Bread reveal about the overall attractiveness of its situation? Does the company have any core competencies or distinctive competencies?
- What are the primary components of Panera Bread’s value chain?
- What does the data in case Exhibit 1 reveal about Panera Bread’s financial performance? How well is the company doing financially? Use the financial ratios in the Appendix as a guide in doing the calculations needed to arrive at an analysis-based answer to your assessment of Panera’s recent financial performance.
- Describe one or two things you learned as a result of doing this case study that was new or interesting.
Use the attached text to complete the case study