Ms. Jones brings 6-week-old Sam to the clinic because of a bright red rash in the diaper area that has gotten worse since she started putting over-the-counter antibiotic cream on it 3 days ago. Sam is diagnosed with diaper Candida or a yeast infection. Clotrimazole (Lotrimin) topical TID for 14 days to the diaper area has been prescribed.
- Briefly describe the therapeutic actions of Clotrimazole (Lotrimin).
- Describe antifungal drugs uses and side effects.
- Develop a teaching plan for Ms. Jones including age-appropriate considerations for Sam.
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources from the last 5 years. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts. Your reply posts are worth 2 points (1 point per response.)
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Please post your initial response by 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on the posts of two classmates by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
- You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.