This week’s nonverbal communication discussions review body language. From a cultural lens, consider how body language during a video conference could be misinterpreted or unintended behavior could be considered distracting.
- Explain the value of nonverbal communication in a virtual setting.
- Explain how nonverbal cues and atmospherics (room environment) can impact effective communication and become a distraction in a virtual setting.
- Explain how one could properly prepare for a meeting in a virtual setting.
- Describe behaviors that could be considered distracting during a meeting.
- Describe how to be aware of body language and personal actions during a meeting.