Topic and Structure:
Annotated Bibliography – Review four potential sources for your research paper project (you should already have your research essay topic chosen), and select two to explore further, with at least one qualifying as a periodical.
Here are some possible places to search for credible sources:
- Truman State University’s Pickler Memorial Library (this source lists periodical databases only, so you may choose your periodical here): http://library.truman.edu/Free/free.asp
- Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/ (note that this is different from regular Google)
- Microsoft Academic Search: http://academic.research.microsoft.com/
- Cornell University’s arXiv (open access sources in math, biology, physics, and other fields): http://arxiv.org/
This assignment does not follow the standard introduction, body paragraph, and conclusion format; instead, you will simply create three well-developed paragraphs per source, each with a specific objective, for six paragraphs total. For each of your two chosen resources, you will summarize the material, assess the source’s content, and reflect on its value for your research paper project. Some sources are long and contain main ideas and subtopics, so be sure to focus your assignment on ideas that are relevant to your research paper topic.
This essay also requires a particular format in which you will summarize, assess, and reflect on one source in full before you move to the next one.
- Make the title of your annotated bibliography your research paper project’s topic.
- On the line under your title, but left-aligned on the page, include your proposed research essay’s thesis so that graders can provide some preliminary feedback.
Research paper topic: Obesity effects on health
Start with a thesis statement
Length: 500 words
Please see the attached form and make it like that only.