For this assignment, you will use the tools you learned from Lesson 4 to create a standard APA formatted paper.
Open a new document and save the document as CIS105_Lesson4Project_MEID.docx.
- Type the following information for the Title Page of your paper:
Your First & Last Name, MEID
Rio Salado College
- Insert a Next Page Section Break after typing “Rio Salado College”.
- Align the text on the title page to be centered, both vertically and horizontally.
- On page 2, type each of the following section headings and format them using the Heading 1 Style:
Table of Contents
Citation & Bibliography
Proofing a Document
Analyzing a Document
Headers & Footers
- Under each of the titles created in Step 5, write a paragraph summarizing the topic. Make sure that the style for each paragraph is set to Normal.
- Include at least one reference and one in-text citation using that reference.
- Insert a Page Break before the Table of Contents heading. This should move your content to page 3.
- At the top of page 2, insert a Table of Contents.
- Make any necessary adjustments to your page breaks. Page 1 should be your Title Page. Page 2 should be your Table of Contents. The body of your paper should begin on Page 3.
- Insert a table under the paragraph in the Tables heading.
- Include 4 rows and 4 columns.
- Table spacing should be height 0.2 and width 1.0.
- Apply Table Theme Grid Table 6 Colorful – Accent 1.
- Center the table in the document.
- Enter the following topics to the top row:
- Add a row to the bottom of the table.
- Enter the following in the first column:
- Delete the last column.
- Resize the center column to Width 3.5.
- Enter the following in the Topic column:
- Network, Internet, and Computer Technology
- Operating Systems and Software
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Document Productivity
- Enter your assignment scores in the Assignment column.
- Insert a header that starts on page 2 of your document. Include the following information in the header:
Your first and last name
A date that shows the month, day, year
- Align the header text to the left.
- Insert a footer that starts on page 2. Include the following information in your footer:
- Page Number (please note, you should be using the auto page number tool and not manually entering in the page number)
- Align the footer text to the center.
- Highlight the Tracking Changes heading and insert a comment for your instructor.
- Proof your document for errors.
- Check the Accessibility of your document. Fix any errors that are found in the document.
- At the end of the document, insert a Page Break.
- At the top of the last page, type References. Align the text to the center and format it using the Heading 1 Style.
- Insert your references in APA format. Align the text to the left and set a hanging indent for the references.
- Format the entire document using these settings:
- Times New Roman font
- Font Size 12
- Update the Table of Contents to ensure that all headings are included and all page numbers are correct.
- Submit your assignment following the instructions in the lesson.