Personal Change Tools (100 points)
Organizational change is a process that can be complex. Change efforts are not easily carried out but can be successful through the use of various resources and tools. As explored within the Interactive Lecture, change often starts with knowing what to change, continues through how to change, and then concludes with when to change.It is important to remember that the same change processes that guide organizations can also be used in one’s personal life.For this Critical Thinking Assignment, address the components below:
- Think about a major change that you experienced within the past five years. Explain details about this change, specifically focusing on the reason for the change and the importance of the change in your life.
- Explain which change model (i.e., Nadler and Tushman’s Congruence Model, Sterman’s Systems Dynamics Model, Quinn’s Competing Values Model, Greiner’s Model of Organizational Growth, or Stacey’s Complexity Theory) most applied to your change experience. Provide details about why you selected this model and why it was the best choice as compared to the other models.
- Analyze the steps associated with the model and how these steps were followed during your time of change.
- Looking back on the change process and experience, what improvements would you make to ensure enhanced change-related success? Why?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, which does not include the title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check – Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
Chapter 3 in Organizational Change: An Action-Oriented Toolkit
Bhatt, P. (2019). Employees’ perception about change in jobs and organisational orientations. International Journal of Employment Studies, 27(1), 34–63.
Neville, L., & Schneider, B. (2021). Why is it so hard to change organizational culture? It’s the people. Organization Development Review, 53(1), 41-46.
Sokol, M. (2021). Why is it so hard to change organizational culture? Organization Development Review, 53(1), 40.