Prior to reading this DQ, please read the PA 2 assignment and understand what the assignment is asking you to complete. Once you have an understanding of the PA 2 assignment, please continue to the paragraph below to complete DQ1.
Using the Library Information Resource Network (LIRN), JSTOR, or any other electronic journal database, research six (6) peer-reviewed articles that can be used to answer your upcoming PA 2 assignment. Your discussion should summarize the articles in such a way that it can justify any arguments you may present in your PA 2 assignment and should be different from the abstract. In addition to your researched peer-reviewed article, you must include an example of the article researched as it is applied by industry (company, business entity, and so forth).
Please note: This article summary should not be the only article researched for your PA 2 assignment. You may (and should) have several other articles researched to fully answer your PA 2 assignment. The concept of this DQ is to allow students to be proactive in the research necessary to complete this assignment. You may use your article summary, partially or in its entirety in your PA 2 assignment.
Important: Please ensure that your reference for the article is in correct APA format, as your reference in your discussion post. Depending on which electronic database you use, you should see a “Cite” selection for your article. In addition, there should be a variety of articles summarized and as such, students should have different articles summarized. Your summary MUST include ALL of the following in your DQ post (include every item in the bullet list below, or you will not receive full credit):
Do these in order:
- In correct APA format, write the Reference of the article.
- Clearly state what the article is about and its purpose.
- Describe how you will use it in your upcoming assignment.
- Repeat for a total of six (6) peer-reviewed sources.
Professional Assignment 2 – CLO 1, CLO 6
Please read the mini case “Can You Follow an Icon and Succeed? Apple and Tim Cook after Steve Jobs and answer to the followings” on page 408 of the textbook and provide an APA formatted written paper, minimum of four (4) pages (and at least six (6) peer-reviewed resources in support of your arguments) and answer the following questions:
- Please evaluate a CEO’s job, and what makes a CEO’s job so complex? Use the challenges Tim Cook faces as Steve Jobs’ successor to provide examples that support your answer.
- Tim Cook came from Apple’s internal managerial labor market to succeed Steve Jobs. According to your analysis, do you think that using the internal managerial labor market is the best approach to follow when replacing S. Jobs?
- Use materials in the chapter regarding the internal and external managerial labor markets to explain your answer.
- Given their different leadership styles of Steve Jobs and Tim Cook, describe the differences you found in Apple’s culture under Tim Cook’s leadership compared to the culture in Apple when Steve Jobs was CEO.
- Using information in this Mini-Case as well as you found additional materials through your searches, how do you evaluate Tim Cook as a CEO?
- Is he an effective strategic leader or not? Use examples from the chapter’s discussion of “Key Strategic Leadership Actions” to justify your answer to this question