For this assignment, you will select and watch a film that is related to issues of development and developmental psychology. The film should focus on a particular period of development. Additionally, students will apply developmental theories to at least one character from the film.
Examples of potential films include: Look Who’s Talking or Three Men and a Baby (infancy), The Breakfast Club or Juno (adolescence), Failure to Launch (emerging adulthood), Grumpy Old Men or Tuesdays with Morrie (Late Adulthood) or any other film that is appropriate for this class.
This paper should be no less than 4 pages in length, excluding your title page and references page. The paper will be broken into three main sections:
· Part 1: Provide a brief synopsis of the movie in your own words (less than 1 page)
· Part 2: Apply the concepts and theories to the film. You must address the following:
o Explain what developmental theories can be applied to this movie and the main character
o Explain what other influences such as peers or family members in the film have on the main character
o Explain how context (e.g., culture, SES, neighborhood) influences the main character
· Part 3: Provide a brief concluding paragraph summarizing your thoughts on the film and how it relates to class (less than one page).
General Paper Guidelines and Requirements:
· You must use AT LEAST ONE ADDITIONAL SOURCE (besides the textbook and film), and this must be a peer-reviewed journal article. The article you select must be recent (i.e., published within the last 10 years).
· You will be required to adhere to APA formatting including an appropriate title page. An abstract is not needed. You will need a reference page, which includes correct citations for the movie, your textbook, and any additional sources that you use.
· Correct grammar and punctuation are expected. Please refrain from using abbreviations or slang terms.