During the semester, you will be required to complete two (2) article reviews. As part of that assignment, you will submit a written report detailing its analysis, findings and recommendations. Check the course outline for specific assignment due dates. Specific topics details are located near the end of the syllabus.
Pick one of the Harvard Business Review articles I provided. All submissions will be graded as to following instructions, content, punctuation, grammar, citations, and sentence structure. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Here are the specifics:
- 12-point Arial font, 1/4 inch indentions, and one inch margins on all sides.
- You will write a one to two full pages review on per article. Citation at the top of the page.
- One-half page to one page (single-spaced, keyboarded) summary of the article.
- One-half page to one page (single-spaced, keyboarded) of your critique and opinion about the topic being discussed in the article.
- If your review is not at least one full page, 5 points will be deducted from your total score.
- If you do not include the title of your article with your review, 5 points will be deducted from your total score.
- No cover sheet or Letter of Transmittal are required.
- Submit your file as: Lastname.Firstname.Art01.docx. See the example below. I want your one page assignment to look just like this.
Article review of: Name of Article
Author of Article:
Source of Article: (Internet URL as per APA)
Submitted by: Your name
½ page to 1 page of single-spaced summary.
½ page to 1 page of single-spaced critique and opinion.
I recently learned that proper citations (MLA, APA, Turabian, or Chicago) are no-longer taught in high school or at UNT in writing classes. Let’s agree to use APA on article reviews from page 200 of the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition, since you may have already been accustomed to it. Please use the APA template I provided.
Choose your grade from the following menu:
Excellent paper gets 100%.
¾ page gets 80%.
½ page gets 50%.
Older than one year gets 40%.
Incorrect header minus 5 points.
Header non-APA citation minus 2 points.
No deduction for going over one page. I encourage intellectual curiosity.