Reaction times in seconds for participants with 5 hours of sleep0.190.170.20.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206
Reaction times in seconds for participants with 8 hours of sleep0.060.130.10.090.10.110.20.140.080.110.110.080.110.120.15
- Explain whether the researcher should use an independent-samples t-test or a related-samples t-test for this scenario. Provide a rationale for your decision.
- Identify the independent variable and dependent variable.
- Knowing the researcher believes that people who sleep less will have slower reaction times, state the null hypothesis and alternate hypothesis in words (not formulas).
- Explain whether the researcher should use a one-tailed test or two-tailed test and why.
- Identify the obtained t value for this data set using SPSS and report it in your answer document.
- State the degrees of freedom and explain how you calculated it by hand.
- Explain whether the researcher should retain or reject the null hypothesis. Provide a rationale for your decision. Are the results statistically significant?
- Explain what the researcher can conclude about the relationship between amount of sleep and reaction times.