26. As people progress through a health profession education program, definitions of health become
a. easier to explain to others.
b. aligned with the client seeking care.
c. more abstract and technical.
d. well articulated and understandable.
27. In attempting to define health, what can occur?
a. Listing categories of health will enable understanding of health.
b. Ambiguity is resolved when health definitions are discussed.
c. Terms and meanings can be challenged by others.
d. A full acceptance can be achieved by all parties.
28. Health status and determinants are used to
a. account for health care expenditures.
b. enforce legislation pertaining to health.
c. determine federal dietary guidelines.
d. measure the health of a nation.
29. Healthy People 2010 represents
a. health policies providing monetary incentives to states who reach the benchmark goals by 2010.
b. a plan to improve the health of everyone in the United States in the ? rst decade of this century.
c. mandated legislation that will result in a healthier population by 2010.
d. a monitoring system evaluating the health of all citizens.
30. As with the many variant definitions of health, illness also has many meanings. Illness and the sick role assigned to it are legitimized by
a. the insurance company that pays for the illness treatment.
b. the person having the illness.
c. the health care profession that diagnoses the illness.
d. society’s view of the illness.
31. Among the sick role components is the
a. mandate of appearing ill and suffering from the illness.
b. necessity of taking medications and staying in bed.
c. exemption from performance of certain normal social obligations.
d. refusal to look to other sources of health care treatments beyond those prescribed.
32. During the stage of patient status, it is expected that
a. symptoms are being experienced, leading to a diagnosis.
b. the patient do all they can do to recover from their illness.
c. the illness is now socially recognized and identified.
d. the person shifts into the role as it is determined by society.
33. Assuming the sick role according to Suchman means the person
a. is aware that something is wrong and responds emotionally.
b. seeks scientific confirrmation that something is wrong.
c. seeks help and shares the problem with family and friends.
d. goes under the control of a physician who plans a treatment of care.
34. A person who has cancer may have followed this illness trajectory:
a. presenting symptoms, followed by treatment and recovery.
b. acute illness, unstable status, deterioration, and recovery.
c. diagnosis, treatment, unstable status, death.
d. presenting symptoms, followed by diagnosis and treatment.
35. When Suchman divides the illness experience into its various stages, the medical care contact stage implies the person is
a. cognitively and physically aware that something is wrong.
b. under medical control and following a prescribed treatment protocol.
c. seeking scientific c rather than lay diagnosis in order to interpret what it all means.
d. seeking help and information from family and friends. 10
36. While HEALTH is considered a balance of the person, ILLNESS would be considered
a. the imbalance of one’s being in and outside the world.
b. actual symptomatology physically manifested.
c. part of the human condition that all must experience.
d. the absence of elements that contribute to health.
37. While complementary alternative medical (CAM) treatments are used by people of all backgrounds, recent research indicates CAM use is greater by
b. those who have never been hospitalized.
c. people with rudimentary education.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"