Discussion 1: Applying Ethics. Read the article titled “Seven Prima Facie Duties”, located at . Select the two (2) duties identified by Ross that you believe are most critical to law enforcement officers and their responsibilities to citizens. Provide the rationale for your choices.
- After reading the article, compare and contrast at least two (2) of the seven (7) prima facie duties as outlined by Ross with the moral theories of Aristotle and Immanuel Kant.
- At least 300 words
Discussion 2: How Social Security and Medicare Actually Work
- Based on the scenario and the knowledge gained from this section, address the following:
- Identify at least two changes that may occur for Social Security and Medicare benefits in the next 20 years. Then, describe key policies that the U.S. government could implement in order to ensure positive changes for Social Security and Medicare benefits based on your prediction.
- How was Social Security intended to work versus how it currently works?
- What are some alternatives to Social Security?
- Has to be at least 300 words
- IMPORTANT: Be sure and read Prof. Salley’s explanation of how Social Security is designed to function, a historical background to Social Security, and the differences between what Social Security is and is not.