**Technology topic is CRISPR/Cas9 gene-editing technology****
For this activity, you will analyze your technology’s role in the event using one of the general education lenses. This activity contributes to your draft of the critical analysis section of your project. It also provides an opportunity to obtain valuable feedback from your instructor that you can incorporate into your project submission.
In this activity, you will work on the second part of the critical analysis of your technology’s role in your event. You should consider the feedback from your instructor on the previous activity and use your responses to inform this assignment. Throughout the process, you will support your analysis with reliable evidence from varied sources, which will include two resources from the Module Resources sections of this course and two resources that you find through your own research using the Shapiro Library. For this activity, you will recommend strategies for how to address the limitations of technology and assess significant factors that could impact understanding the role of technology in this event. You will assess the benefits and challenges of critically analyzing technology in society. Finally, you will recommend strategies for using this kind of critical analysis for meeting your personal goals.
You are not required to answer each question below the rubric criteria, but you may use them to better understand the criteria and guide your thinking.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Integrate reliable evidence from varied sources throughout your paper to support your analysis.
- It is important to draw from a diverse pool of perspectives from varied sources to support the analysis. This is different from the Citations and Attributions rubric criterion.
- Reliable evidence from varied sources should be interwoven throughout the paper itself, while citing and attributing sources will be represented as APA in-text citations and a reference list at the end of your work.
- You will be evaluated on both criteria.
- Recommend strategies to address the limitations of the technology involved in the event.
- Think about the limitations of the technology influencing the event. What are some ways developers might solve the limitations of the technology?
- Assess at least two significant factors that could impact how individuals understand the role of technology in the event, such as biases, beliefs, assumptions, and/or values.
- Consider how individuals understood the role of technology in the event. What biases, beliefs, assumptions, and/or values could shape their understanding of technology’s role in the event?
- Assess the benefits and challenges of critically analyzing technology in society.
- What may be the positive impact of critically analyzing technology in general? What are the more difficult aspects of addressing technology?
- Recommend strategies for using this kind of critical analysis for meeting your personal goals.
- What might this look like in your everyday life? Consider how critically analyzing technology’s influence on a particular event can be used to address day-to-day responsibilities.
What to Submit
Submit your short paper as a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.