54. Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) allows
A. resolving medical malpractice suits by submitting pretrial depositions. B. lawyer-to-lawyer mediation during trial recess. C. mediating disputes with a judge in the presence of the bailiff. D. litigants to resolve disputes prior to or after the start of litigation.
55. Code range 99231–99233 pertains to
A. initial hospital care. B. subsequent hospital care. C. consultation services. D. hospital discharge services.
56. A patient comes to the emergency room complaining of abdominal pain, nausea, and intractable vomiting. Unable to pinpoint the source of the patient’s complaints, the physician decides to admit the patient to the hospital. After conducting a complete history and examination, the patient’s final diagnosis is determined to be chronic duodenal ulcer. The patient remains hospitalized for three days. The physician sees the patient on the day of discharge. What ICD-10 and CPT codes are assigned?
A. 99234, N17.9 B. 99223, I48.91 C. 99238, K26.7 D. 99291, D63.1
57. The specific guidelines that constitute a valid release of information under the HIPAA Privacy Rule are described as
A. OIG specifications. B. E/M levels. C. considerations in relation to risk management. D. core elements.
58. The suffix –centesis means
A. abnormal condition. B. calculus or stone. C. a surgical puncture for fluid removal. D. separation, breakdown, destruction.
59. The code for an ESWL would be found in the
A. Urinary and Male Genital Systems of CPT. B. Chemotherapy section of HCPCS. C. Digestive System of CPT. D. Cardiovascular System of CPT.
60. A female patient is diagnosed with breast cancer of the lower-inner quadrant of the right breast. The patient undergoes a modified radical mastectomy of the right breast in an attempt to circumvent the spread of the cancer to any secondary anatomical sites. The procedure was performed in three stages. In addition to the radical mastectomy, the physician also performed a right breast biopsy to treat the breast tumor in the lower-inner quadrant. What ICD-10-CM and CPT codes are assigned?
A. 19307-58-RT, 19101-59-RT, C50.311 B. 15852-58, Z48.01 C. 11602, 15240, C50.312 D. 19307-RT, 19101-RT, C50.211
61. A patient comes to the ambulatory surgery center for a fusion of the cervical spine. Prior to the beginning of the surgery, the patient suffers an allergic reaction to the anesthesia shortly after it’s administered. Because of this reaction, the surgery is not performed. What code would be assigned as the first-listed diagnosis?
A. The observation code B. The reason that the surgery was scheduled to be performed C. The allergy code D. The anesthesia administration
62. Anti-inflammatory drugs applied to the skin to relieve skin disorders are called
A. topical corticosteroids. B. antiseptics. C. keratolytics. D. astringents.