47. Taking certain steps to protect PHI from being accidentally released to individuals who don’t need to know the information is called the
A. minimum necessary standard. B. privacy management statute. C. health information guardianship guideline. D. information provision standard.
48. The main term represents the most basic aspect of a disease or condition. For example, the main term of a diagnosis involving a broken arm is
A. broken. B. break. C. fracture. D. arm.
49. Performing a daily check for viruses and malware is one of the
A. requirements of the Help Desk. B. routine aspects of software maintenance. C. sensible guidelines for Internet use in health care facilities. D. functions of HIM encoders.
50. A coder overhears a confidential statement made outside of the court, and then, when called to testify, repeats the statement as being truth. This is an example of
A. cross-examination. B. hearsay. C. speculation. D. a direct quote.
51. A patient receives two venous pressure clamps for hemodialysis. What HCPCS Level II code is assigned?
A. A4751 B. A4751 × 2 C. A4918 × 2 D. A4918
52. The process of removing tissue for histopathology is called
A. shaving. B. debridement. C. excision. D. biopsy.
53. A coder would assign modifier -53 to report
A. dental procedures. B. repeat procedures. C. anesthesia administration. D. procedures cancelled due to the patient’s condition.