The purpose of this assignment is to analyze how businesses interact with their internal and external environments. Students will also apply their knowledge of decision-making models, technology and innovation challenges, management theories, and goal setting.
Write a paper (1,600-1,800 words) in which you address the following based on the information provided in the “West Chester Private School Case Study” resource.
1. Review how organizations interact with their external environment (as open systems and complex adaptive systems). Evaluate the effectiveness West Chester Private School (WCPS) as an open system at the time of the closure. Additionally, evaluate the effectiveness of WCPS as a complex adaptive system at the time of the closure.
2. Review the readings provided for this topic on the internal environment of organizations. Evaluate the organizational culture and organizational climate at the time the decision to close two campuses was made.
3. Evaluate the decision made by Dr. Murphy and Educations Management Services (EMS) in terms of the process of going about the closure. Explain how the behavioral decision-making model was applied in the WCPS’s decision to shut down its campuses.
4. Provide an explanation, using appropriate management theories, for how the administration could have handled the closure effectively with stakeholders. Include one theory from each of the following: the classical approach, the human relations approach, and the modern management approach.
5. Provide a suggestion of two goals: one long-term and one short-term goal for the future direction of WCPS. Include a justified rationale of the suggestions.
6. Concluding statement: Integrate the four functions of management as a means to revamp management at WCPS and meet the recommended goals.
You are required to use at least three external scholarly sources in addition to the textbook and the case study resource