I chose the topic of Psychoanalytical Feminism because I’m interested in learning more about men’s inherent psychological need to subjugate women. My paper’s purpose will be to understand the nature of inequality and focus on gender policies, power relations and sexuality. I will analyze gender inequality and the promotion of women’s rights, interests and issues as a result of men’s compulsion to dominate women.
Questions to answer in essay:
1. When and how was this concept introduced? (Provide background information/ Statement of Facts and Theorists feminist involved)
2. What does this concept mean? (Explain the main argument)
3. How often does the problem occur? How long has this been going on? Has the problem worsened over time? etc). Make sure to include statistics here
4. Describe how individuals in this country and various cultures within this country conceptualize and think about this topic(s)?
5. What are the current laws and punishments that impact your topic(s) in this country?
6. How is this topic(s) relevant to issues regarding intersectionality/intersecting identities in this country? Choose two identities. For example: in what ways is this topic relevant and impacted by race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, class, religion, etc in this country?
7. List and describe at least two different systems, institutions, or processes that contribute to this issue/ problem (for example capitalism, globalization, culture, poverty, politics, technology, military presence/war, history of colonialism, etc)
8. Identify a non-profit organization or non-governmental organization that is addressing your topic(s) in this country. What are their goals/missions? How successful have they been?
9. What else can be done to address the topic(s) you have highlighted?
(Essay must be 4 pages long and double spaced)