Contrast of Health Care Structures
There continues to be much debate over the structure of health care organizations. Advocates of both public and private structures are quite vocal in attempting to persuade the general public to adopt their views. Proponents of public health care structures claim the public structure will make health care universally accessible while proponents of private structures assert that quality of care can only be achieved via a private structure. In this assignment, you will contrast public and private health care structures, analyze the current viability and future sustainability of each structure, and provide a rationale for which structure you believe is optimal.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words in which you contrast public and private health care structures. Include the following in your paper:
- A contrast of public and private structures with regard to the population served, decision-making processes, financial practices, and ethical considerations relating to the quality of care and patient safety.
- An analysis of current viability and future sustainability of each structure.
- A rationale for selecting one structure as optimal.