Topic: IBS: diagnosis and treatment
Thesis statement needed???
You will need to determine the focus of inquiry and determine which approach to analysis you should take based on the topic you choose.
For this review, be sure to:
- Select three relevant and appropriate scholarly articles that address the topic you chose.
- Present a thorough literature review of the three articles by summarizing, synthesizing, and evaluating the materials.
- Incorporate citations into your body paragraphs; incorporate the essential and most relevant supporting evidence eloquently and appropriately.
- Present your writing in a clear, organized manner.
- Demonstrate understanding of the content presented in the articles.
- Use proper APA format with proper citations. Review APA Citations Here
- Paper should be 4 pages.
For our discussion board this week, we will discuss a neurological condition known as Cluster Headache.
Richard is a 40-year-old man with a history of 4 weeks of cluster headache once each year. These began when he was 35 years old. His cluster periods occur in the fall. The cluster period begins slowly, increasing over 1 week, reaching a peak where Richard has two or three severe cluster attacks each day. They occur from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. Each cluster headache lasts from 40 to 90 minutes, and the headaches are severe. The pain is always on the right side, with eye tearing and nasal congestion.
Richard comes into our office 1 week into this fall’s cluster series. The headaches are increasing in intensity, and he is miserable with the pain.
Please complete the following questions:
- 1. Describe Cluster Headache and its epidemiology.
- 2. What would be your goals for therapy for Richard? Give rationale with evidence from articles.
Work must be supported by peer-reviewed article published within 5 years.