Reflect on a patient who presented with a behavioral or mental health issue during your Practicum experience. Describe your experience in assessing and managing the patient and his or her family. Include details of your “aha” moment in identifying the patient’s behavioral or mental health issue. Then, explain how the experience connected your classroom studies to the real-world clinical setting. If you did not have an opportunity to evaluate a patient with this background during the last 4 weeks, you may select a related case study from a reputable source or reflect on previous clinical experiences.
Urban and Rural Health Issues
- Choose one of topic below and post your response.
- In what ways might health promotion activities for rural populations differ from those designed for urban populations?
- Assume you are a community health nurse in a rural community. Describe your own approach to problem solve overuse of the emergency room for minor childhood illnesses by the population groups.
- Interview a classmate who was raised in a rural community about his or her family and school life. Determine what he or she considers to be his or her best experiences growing up. Compare the classmate’s best experience with your own.
- Your response should be 50 – 100 words. APA sylte