Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. Main references come from Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012) and/or American Psychological Association (2010). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. I have also attached my assignment rubric so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. Please use the attached template. I need this completed by 08/03/19 at 12pm.
Assignment – Week 10
Application: Career Counseling for Clients with Addictive Behaviors
Adjusting assessments and methodologies according to a client’s need is fundamental to the career counseling process. As you prepare for this assignment, consider the various scenarios—an individual’s level of career development and drug addiction stage—that can alter the counseling dynamic.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. Focus on the case example of John, on p. 525.
- Think about how this case example illustrates how an individual may simultaneously be in different stages of change with regard to 1) career development and 2) dealing with drug addiction. Consider the challenges for the counselor and client.
- Develop a case of your own to use for this assignment. Consider the client you developed for the Week 3 Application Assignment.
The assignment: (1 – 2 pages)
· Use the template in the Week 10 Resources section of the class to demonstrate, in client/counselor dialogue form, the transtheoretical model of change (TTM), illustrating how you might counsel a client (NOT “John” from the text) who is in two different stages of change: one stage of change for career development (e.g., Precontemplation) and a different stage of change for dealing with drug addiction (e.g., Action).
· Apply the four principles of Motivational Interviewing in your scenario, noting how you are demonstrating them in your dialogue.
· Explain how the scenario you create effectively addresses some of the challenges of working with clients who are in different stages of change for career development and substance abuse.
· Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012). Career counseling: Foundations, perspectives, and applications. (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
- Chapter 14, “Career Counseling in Mental Health and Private Practice Settings”
- Chapter 18, “Career Counseling and Lifestyle Planning for Clients with Addictive Behaviors”
· National Career Development Association. (2015). Internet sites for career planning. Retrieved from www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/pt/sp/resources