There are two Assignments due this week: A Lab Assignment and a written Assignment
Assignment 1 Lab: WileyPLUS Assignment Problems
Be sure to complete the Learning Activities to review the material before beginning your Assignment. Your Assignment is found by selecting the “Unit #1 Lab Assignment” link under each unit’s Assignment area. A majority of the Assignment questions are based upon “algorithmic” or quantitative outcomes.
You will respond to 10 questions regarding your reading from Chapters 1 and 3. Each question will be worth 4 points if answered correctly. You will be allowed two (2) attempts at each question.
View how to access WileyPLUS
Assignment 2: Business Letter
The following course outcome is assessed in this Assignment:
GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
In this Assignment, you will prepare a business letter to share your advice with a client. You will explain complex financial data and discuss the cause and effect of select accounting transactions on cash balances.
Read the fictional scenario and respond to the checklist items.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Karl Richland of Semtell Company in Cincinnati, Ohio is asking for your advice. The CFO explains sales are increasing but there is a constant matter of not having enough cash to meet payroll or pay vendors within 30 days.
Checklist: Prepare a business letter (see the rubric) to the CFO to explain:
1. Explain why cash can go down even when sales are up; refer to “receivables.”
2. Analyze the scenario and explain three accounts the CFO should review each day and explain why. Focus on short-term balance sheet accounts, i.e., “receivables and payables.”
3. Your business letter should:
- Use the accepted business letter format and example as provided above.
- Utilize Standard English and use correct spelling and grammar.
- Provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- The writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
Unit 1 Assignment 2 Rubric
Directions for Submitting Your Assignment
Your business letter must be written in a minimum of 2 pages using APA 6th edition formatting. Please label your Assignment as “UNIT 1 CFO – your name” and submit to the Unit 1 Assignment 2 Dropbox.
For assistance with APA formatting, go to the Writing Resources accessed through the Academic Success Center within the Academic Tools area of the course.
Disclaimer: This exercise may include actual companies and brand names solely for instructional purposes; this exercise is not associated with any such actual company or brand name. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.