In your write-up, please write a minimum of two pages (double-spaced, 12 point, Times New Roman is acceptable) answering the following questions:
- Do you agree or disagree with Uber’s surge pricing policy?
- What are the reasons it can be perceived as unfair?
- What does it mean to say that a pricing policy is exploitative?
- What are the risks of the policy to Uber?
- Given these risks, should Uber modify its policy?
- Uber is notoriously aggressive in its business tactics. It frequently operates without getting regulatory approval and it often ignores legal concerns; as a consequence, the company has become a lightning rod for criticism. Do you agree with Uber’s aggressive tactics?
- Is there a more diplomatic way for Uber to conduct its business?
- Should Uber be taking more of a “tiptoe” approach when it enters new markets?
- Uber has become enormously popular among consumers in a very short period of time. How has the company accomplished this?
- How robust is Uber’s operating model?
- Where are the weak links in its service model?
- Is Uber vulnerable?
- In what way?
Use information from the case to support and justify your points. You will be graded on the depth of your analysis and your argument strength. Also, a portion of your grade involves your discussion in class.