You will review both quantitative and qualitative research. The topic is up to you as long as you choose a peer-reviewed, academic research piece. I suggest choosing a topic that is at least in the same area of interest as your expected dissertation topic so that you can start viewing what is out there. There are no hard word counts or page requirements as long as you cover the basic guidelines and write in APA style. You must submit original work, however, and a paper that returns as a large percentage of copy/paste to other sources will not be accepted. (Safe Assign will be used to track/monitor your submission for plagiarism. Submissions with a Safe Assign match of more than 25% will not be accepted.) Please use APA formatting and include the following information:
- Introduction/Background: Provide context for the research article. What led the author(s) to write the piece? What key concepts were explored? Were there weaknesses in prior research that led the author to the current hypothesis or research question?
- What characteristics of this study make it a qualitative study?
- Methodology: Describe how the data was gathered and analyzed. What research questions or hypotheses were the researchers trying to explore? What statistical analysis was used?
- Study Findings and Results: What were the major findings from the study? Were there any limitations?
- Conclusions: Evaluate the article in terms of significance, research methods, readability, and the implications of the results. Does the piece lead to further study? Are there different methods you would have chosen based on what you read? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the article in terms of statistical analysis and application? (This is where a large part of the rubric is covered.)